DIY Seaweed Beet Chips for Dogs Recipe
Dogs love to snack just like we do. This simple snack is a great treat to reward good behavior with or just periodically through the day. With the addition of salt these can be a good snack for people too! Who says dog food and human food can’t share common ground?
- 2 Organic Beets
- 1 sheet Unsalted All Natural Dried Nori
- 1/4 cup Organic Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Peel the beets and, using a mandolin, very carefully slice sweet potatoes into the thinnest circles your equipment allows. Note: I recommend using a finger guard for safety precautions
- Pat beets dry with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. These can be placed uncovered in the fridge ahead of time as well which will result in a more crispy and long lasting chip
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread beet slices into single layer so they do not overlap
- Bake sliced beets roughly 10 minutes, taking them out, and then flipping them over to bake another 10 minutes. They should come out nice and crisp. Set aside to cool slightly
- While beets are baking. Grind nori into a powder using either a mortar and pestle or a food processor
- After chips have cooled toss them in a bowl while sprinkling them with nori
- Chips should be able to store in a container for 2-3 days