Savory K9 Stew for Dogs Recipe
5 undefined minutes
35 undefined minutes
This savory stew is a perfect alternative to serving traditional dog food, or as an additive to your pups chow. What’s even better is the versatility of the vegetable ingredients. The carrots, corn and sweet potato can be omitted for other dog-friendly veggies such as green beans, cucumber and even pumpkin. Freeze and store any leftovers in a vacuum sealed bag for up to one week.
- 1 tbsp Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Gizzards or Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Organic Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 Organic Carrot, chopped
- 1 can Organic Yellow Corn
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- Heat a large pot on medium high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted add preferred chicken to the pot, sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, carrot and corn to the pot. Mix well and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add bone broth to pot, stir.
- Add rice to pot, stir in well then add water.
- Cover pot and turn heat down to low, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and allow stew to cool before serving.