Are you looking to get your next pet or even your first pet? If you are a cat lover, then it might help you to know more about the most affectionate cat breeds. There are many cat breeds that are playful and loving.
If you are looking for a cuddly cat, keep reading here to find out more about the nicest cat breeds.
If you are trying to find a lovable, somewhat low-maintenance, cat, then you are probably going to love the Ragdoll cat breed. These cats are known for following around their owners. If you go into a room, look behind you, because your Ragdoll cat will likely be coming up behind you.
These cats even like to play fetch and other games. If you have other pets or children, the Ragdoll cat you get will probably be great with them, as well.
Some of the other things that you should know about the Ragdoll cat breed include the following:
- Average adult length: 17-21 inches
- Average adult weight: 10-20 pounds
- Physical characteristics: blue eyes, multiple color patterns, and plush coat
If you like the sound of cats snuggling with you day and night, the Ragdoll cat breed may be the one you want to get.
The Scottish Fold
Another one of the nicest cat breeds that you may want to get is called the Scottish Fold. This breed is known for its ears. They have a gene that makes their ears fold in forward. However, the ears won’t be the only interesting thing about the Scottish Fold cat. These cats are social and extremely affectionate. They don’t like to be left by themselves for very long. If you have plenty of time to spend with a new cat, the Scottish Fold might be perfect for you.
Some of the other things that you should know about the Scottish Fold include the following:
- Average adult length: 14-16 inches
- Average adult weight: 6-14 pounds
- Physical characteristics: Ears that are folded forward and down, medium-sized cat, variety of color patterns, and have short or long hair
If this sounds like the perfect cat breed for you, you might be able to find a Scottish Fold from a breeder or rescue.
If you are looking for a hairless cuddly cat, look no further than the Sphynx. This type of cat doesn’t have hair, which means they are usually cold. This encourages them to find a heat source and that usually includes humans. They may want to cuddle up with you to stay warm.
If you want a cat that will cuddle in your bed or on the couch with you, the Sphynx would be a great choice.
Some of the other things that you should know about this cat breed include the following:
- Adult average length: 13-15 inches
- Adult average weight: 10-12 pounds
- Physical characteristics: Medium-large body, heavy and muscular, hairless, varying colors of skin, wide-set eyes, and large ears
If you are interested in getting this cat breed, you can check with breeders, shelters, or look for someone who is selling a Sphynx cat.
The Maine Coon
Another cuddly cat is the Maine coon. This cat breed is much larger than the other cat breeds. However, they are usually very affectionate. They love being a part of everything that is happening in the household. This could mean sitting at a table with your or laying on the couch with you. These cats are very smart, too.
Some of the other things you should know about the Maine coon cats include the following:
- Adult average length: Maximum of 14 inches
- Adult average weight: Usually 6-14 pounds
- Physical characteristics: Medium in size, long legs, graceful, and varying colors
If you want to get one of the larger cat breeds, the Maine coon would be a great addition to your family.
If you love cats snuggling, you may want to get a Siamese cat. These cats are quite vocal. However, most Siamese owners say they love this personality in a cat. The Siamese cats usually love to cuddle, play, and be affectionate with their owners and other animals.
Some of the other things that you may want to know about the Siamese cat breed include the following:
- Average adult length: 11.5-14 inches
- Average adult weight: 8-10 pounds
- Physical characteristics: Bright blue eyes, slim body, light-colored body, darker spots on the body, and a thin, long tail
If you are looking for a beautiful, loving cat, the Siamese cat would be perfect for you and/or your family.
These are some of the most affectionate cat breeds. If you are looking for a cuddly cat that will play and be affectionate, you should choose from any one of the above-mentioned cat breeds. You can get any of these cat breeds from a breeder, shelter, rescue, or from someone who is selling their cat.