Nutty Cheesy Chicken Meatballs for Dogs
Whenever I'm cooking meatballs for my pasta or as an hors d oeuvre for a party I always feel guilty that my furry companions can't indulge in the meaty goodness that my friends and family are about to enjoy. Luckily for the dogs, these canine friendly meatballs contain some of the healthiest and flavorful ingredients that are not only delicious for your pet but also a great source of natural nutrients. Feel free to use your preferred brand of peanut butter but be sure to double check that it is free of xylitol and sugar alcohol.
- 1 lb Organic Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (NOTE: Make sure the brand is xylitol and sugar alcohol free)
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour or any Non Grain Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground chicken, peanut butter, egg, flour and cheese. Mix ingredients together.
- Take small handfuls of the ground chicken mixture and roll each into a small ball. NOTE: Mixture should make 15-20 nice sized meatballs.
- Place each meatball onto a non-stick baking pan and drizzle sunflower oil over each meatball.
- Insert pan into oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow meatballs to cool before serving. NOTE: Leftover meatballs can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for 3 minutes.