DIY Good-for-your-fur Carrot Slaw for Dogs Recipe
A dog’s coat is their most important asset, not only does it protect them from the cold in the winter months, it also protects them from the hot sun in the summer. It is important to keep it nice and healthy and shiny. Not only does this slaw contain vitamin rich fruits and vegetables but it is also packed with healthy fats and oils to maintain your pet’s natural sheen.
- 2 Organic Carrots
- 1 Organic Apple
- 1 stalk Organic Celery
- 1/4 cup All Natural Plain Organic Yogurt
- 2 tsp Organic Sunflower Oil
- Using a mandolin with julienne attachment, shred carrots into matchsticks. Note: If you do not have a mandolin, the larger hole side of a box cheese grater will work just fine.
- Dice apples and celery into small bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together sunflower oil and yogurt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss mixed yogurt, apples, celery, and carrots together.